May’s top 5 domain name stories
Here’s what happened in the domain business last month.
Miss out on any action last month? Here are the top five stories on DNW for last month, ranked by pageviews.
1. 7 words to avoid in domains because they’re actually trademarks – Many domain investors register these words in domains without realizing they are cybersquatting.
2. Ryan Kavanaugh loses cybersquatting dispute with YouTuber Ethan Klein – A popular YouTube personality has gone to the mat with film financier Ryan Kavanaugh, and the YouTuber won the most recent battle.
3. Deel announces $50 million in funding after acquiring Deel.com – Domaining.com founder Francois Carrillo sold the domain to the company prior to its latest fundraising round.
4. Big changes proposed for domain transfers – A working group is on tap to propose shaking up the domain transfer process.
5. Domain investor acquires .link top level domain – Yoni Belousov acquired the TLD from Frank Schilling’s Uni.
And if you missed a podcast, catch up today:
#390 – Buying domains on eBay
#388 – Big sales and payment plans
#387 – Buying and selling startups
#386 – Domain investing education
Post link: May’s top 5 domain name stories
© DomainNameWire.com 2022. This is copyrighted content. Domain Name Wire full-text RSS feeds are made available for personal use only, and may not be published on any site without permission. If you see this message on a website, contact editor (at) domainnamewire.com. Latest domain news at DNW.com: Domain Name Wire.